May 16, 2022

Government Claims Forms

Pursuant to the California Government Code, beginning at Section 900, any individual seeking to file a claim for money or damages against the judicial branch must first file a written government claim.

While there is no established form for filing a government claim, Gov. Code Section 910 does list the items of information that must be included in the claim form. For convenience purposes, a form for filing a government claim can be found at the following link:

Goverment Claim - Judicial Branch (PDF)

Once you have completed and signed the form, you can personally return it to the Court by handing it to a clerk at any of the filing windows at any branch of the Stanislaus County Superior Court. If you’d prefer, you can also mail the original signed claim form to the following address:

Attention: Court Executive Officer (Claims)
Stanislaus County Superior Court
P.O. Box 3488
Modesto, California 95353

The information included in, and omitted from, a government claim form can have serious legal consequences. For instructions on how to most effectively fill out a government claim form, you should consult with a qualified attorney. 

Last updated: May 04, 2018 8:16 AM