Home » The Superior Court of California, County of Stanislaus is issuing the following information regarding The People vs. F. Carson, B. Athwal, D. Atwal, W. Wells, G. DeFilippo, C. DeFilippo, S. McFarlane and E. Quintanar, case no. 1490969
- The hearings will be conducted in Department 26 located at 1130 12th Street, Suite C, Modesto, between K and L Streets.
- There is no public, media or attorney parking available at the Department 26 location at 1130 12th Street, Suite C. Only street parking is available.
- All attorneys, members of the media and general public shall be required to enter, after going through security screening, and exit the courtroom through the main entrance at 1130 12th Street, Suite C.
- As seating is limited, members of the media shall be given an email link on the Court’s website (www.stanct.org) through which they may apply for a seat in the courtroom at upcoming hearings. The email link is Media.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the person that is authorized to pick up the pass in the request. Up to three (3) seats shall be reserved at each hearing for members of the media in each of the three (3) different categories: 1) local media, 2) California-based media, and 3) National/International media. If there are more applicants for media seating in any given category than there are available seats, the Court shall use a lottery method to rotate the reserved seats. If there are fewer applicants for media seating than available seats in any given category, the unused seats may be assigned to the media organizations in the other two categories.
- At this time, cameras will be barred from the courtroom. See Order Re: Media filed September 10, 2015.
- The distribution of the media passes will be at 8:30 am at the department 26 location, 1130 12th Street, Suite C, the morning of the scheduled hearing date. Schedule below.
- A limited number of seats shall be reserved for members of the general public in Department 26 and the Listening Room. These seats will be available on a first come, first serve basis and will require a pass that will be distributed by the Court prior to each hearing.
- Courtroom passes will be distributed first and then Listening Room passes will be distributed. Distribution of passes will begin at 8:30 am at the department 26 location, 1130 12th Street, Suite C, the morning of the scheduled hearing date. The exact location of the distribution will be marked by a white “X” painted on the public sidewalk by the parking lot North entrance/exit. The line will extend via the public sidewalk. There will be no standby passes distributed.
- The courthouse does not have electrical outlets outside of the building available for use by the general public or media.
- Distribution of passes will begin at 8:30 am at the department 26 location, 1130 12th Street, Suite C.
- Pass Distribution Schedule:
August 8, 2016: 8:30 am Media, Public and Listening Room Passes
All passes shall be returned to the designated location at the magnetometer (security) prior to leaving for the day.
Please email any questions to General.email@example.com.