Free mediation services are available in English and Spanish.
An opportunity to settle your case before you file a claim, after you file or on the day of trial. A trained mediator meets with both parties, helping to achieve a resolution that is agreeable to both parties. The Court encourages people to take advantage of the free mediation services being offered at the Stanislaus County Mediation Center by calling (209) 236-1577 or visiting the web site at http://housing.org/community-mediation/ for further information.
Learn more about Resolving Your Small Claims Case
Resolving Your Small Claims Case in the California Courts
(A 5-part video series giving information about the options for resolving your Small Claims Case.)
Why Try Mediation:
- It’s Free - There is no cost to residents or businesses in Stanislaus County.
- It’s Fast - Mediation can be scheduled within a few days and the results are immediate. If the Court hears your case, you may not receive a decision from the Court for 90 days.
- It’s Private - Everything said in mediation is confidential.
- It’s Fair - The mediator does not take sides or tell you what to do.
- It's Informal - You don’t have to go through a court hearing.